1. a) A candidate may be admitted to the first year of B.A. (Honours./General) degree courses on passing higher secondary (10 + 2) or equivalent examination with five recognized subjects of 100 marks each.
b) In case of other boards (not run by State Board/Council), one of the subjects passed shall be English, of full marks not being less than 100.
c) Candidates passing Higher Secondary examination from vocational stream conducted by West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other equivalent Board/Council are eligible for admission in General Courses provided that the candidate must have passed in 5 recognised subjects, of which one shall be English, in the previous qualifying examination.
2. Candidates shall be allowed for admission within three consecutive academic sessions including the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
3. a) For taking up Honours course in a subject a candidate must have obtained :
i) A minimum of 45% marks in aggregate and 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
ii) 50% marks in or aggregate and 45% marks in the subject at the previous qualifying examination.
iii) 55% marks in aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject or any related subject at the previous qualifying examination.(N.B. Aggregate means the sum of marks of best scored five (5) subjects excluding Environmental Education).
b) However, candidates belonging to the Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe community taking up Honours course shall enjoy 5% relaxation in marks in (i), (ii) & (iii) above, as the case may be.
4. a) Admission will be strictly on the basis of merit. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the following criteria :
i) In case of Honours course : Aggregate plus the marks obtained in the subject or related subject in which he/she intends to take up Honours course.
ii) In case of General course : Merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate.
b) For admission to Honours Courses, complete list of all applicants according to merit will be published and admission will be done through counseling in accordance with the intake capacity. The candidate must be present in person at the time of counseling.
c) For admission to General Course, list of applicants in order of merit will be published in accordance with the intake capacity.
1. Admission forms are distributed normally within a week of declaration of results of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the W.B. Council of Higher Secondary Education.
2. Candidates have to apply in prescribed from for admission to Honours/General courses.
3. The admission form duly filled-in must accompany attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of previous examinations passed and others relevant documents.
4. Admission forms are to be submitted the college during office hours within the stipulated date.
5. For all courses 22% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste, 6% for Scheduled Tribe, and 3% for physically handicapped candidates.
6. One seat in each Honours and maximum two seats are reserved for general course under sports quota .
7. 10% of the seats in each of the subjects/courses shall be reserved for students passing examinations equivalent to the H. S. Examination of the W. B. Council of Higher Secondary Education.
8. 2% marks from the aggregate as secured by a candidate passing the qualifying examination in a year prior to the current year shall be deducted and the aggregate marks thus arrived will be taken up for consideration.
9. All the admission are provisional and liable to be rejected on reasons.
10. The candidate must be present in person at the time of admission.